Thursday, April 2, 2009

If only wheat penne tasted like strawberry banana smoothies. . . .

So with some external motivation this morning I got up super early and ran over to the gym by 8:00 AM. Needless to say, McComas is like an empty department store at 8 AM. Luckily there were a few construction workers and 1 or 2 people on the treadmills to help somewhat. I didn't really go to the gym with a set goal today and was just going to sort of wing it.
Ends up winging it turned into 2 full hours of running without one stop, an accomplishment for me on the treadmill. I think it is the longest I have ever gone without stopping at least to walk for a minute. The song Switchfoot - Meant To Live got me through about the last 20 minutes real strong. Although they strongly recommend not using mp3 players in the Keys race, I think it will be necessary.
Directly after running I felt like it would be good to get used to eating and then try to run again so I went to West End, and ordered 2 smoothies, half basket of fries and some wheat penne with alfredo sauce. The smoothies went down real easy, the fries were a little harder to eat, but the wheat penne was just unbearable. I felt like I was chewing on stones I was eating so slow. Some of this had to do with the taste of the sauce being quite undesirable but it is also just HARD to eat right after you run. Well it took me about an hour to come anywhere close to finishing it and I started the run home. Pains and cramps everywhere, and by the time I finally got the 1 mile home, things started to buff out. It was probably one of the hardest time I've ever had running in my life.

Total on the day

Miles = 16.2
Calories = 2,200
Time = 3 hours and 45 minutes with meal time included

No comments:

Post a Comment