Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Race Gear is Here!

This is the day...this is the day...this is the day THAT ALL THE RACE GEAR COMES! So for the last 3 days I haven't been able to stay off the UPS.com "Track my Package" feature watching my race gear come across the country from California. The most exciting part that I just managed to find out yesterday is that you can call UPS and they will actually send you a text message about where your package is at! It's like knowing where Santa Clause is or something, unreal!
Having 2 exams today I tried to tell myself that I would not open my race gear until they were over but when the man in brown showed up around 11:00 I just could not help myself, I immediately put it all on and went for a run. Wow, everything felt so light and the Cool Max shirt was so breathable I felt like I had a fan blowing on me the whole time. This is happening. The race is just over 2 weeks away. Excitement, and nervousness sets in big time now. The training will continue but in small increments, no more long sessions, and most of all mental preparation. I'm ready.

Total on the day -

Miles - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment