Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time to buy new pants??

With a focus on maintaining weight I payed a visit to D2 after work today. Knowing I had a big run coming up this Thursday, it was time to start loading up. I ate for about an hour and could barely walk out of the dining hall following
1 plate General Tsao's and Vegetable Stir Fry
1 plate whole wheat pasta w/ chicken sauce
1 plate corn, sweet potato fries and vegetarian nuggets
2 pieces of pizza
1 tuna melt on wheat bread
1 bowl of tropical fruit salad
1 plate spinach leaf, carrot, tomato, and cucumber salad
1 piece banana bread
and 2 glasses of powerade.
I drove home and fell asleep for an hour immediately and woke up and forced myself to drive over to the sauna. Well if the sauna isn't uncomfortable enough as it goes, having a stomach ache in the sauna really doesn't cut it for comfort. Oh and note to readers, taking an extra pair of underwear and leaving it outside the door doesn't always work either. A Chinese man who was studying electrical engineering came in for a few minutes. He was quite interested in my camel back and what I was doing so he really helped me forget about the time asking all sort of questions about the race. 31 minutes and done.
Time to head over to McComas, however it was already 10:30 so I knew I wouldn't get in a very long run today. The stomach ache and my lower back were really getting to me on the treadmill so I ran a few miles at a time between short walks and ended up leaving at midnight.

Oh! And the real zinger for the day. I went home, took a shower, put on a pair of pants and drove downtown to play some pool for the last hour of my night. Getting out of my car to walk into the pool hall, I stood up and POP. The button flew right off my pants. How could I possibly be running 60 miles a week and not fitting into my pants?? I guess that makes it a successful day on the aspect of maintaining weight, hah.

T0tal on the Day

Sauna - 31 minutes
Distance - 8.1 miles
Time - 1 hour 6 minutes
Calories - 1,150
D2 - Ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment