Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh yeah.....we have to wake up early

So the Seashore Nature Trail 50k starts at 7:30 AM. So I say last night, "I'm going to wake up at 6:45 and run for an hour before breakfast." Oh it all sounded so simple last night. Well I woke up and it was freezing, running to the gym was essentially shoe skiing across black ice.

So at the gym "alright lets run 9 miles an hour for one hour...ok...lets just do 8 miles an hour its early. Well...here we are 20 minutes in...lets just walk for a bit, its early. Ok 30 minutes, lets run again pick it up...40 minutes..ok lets walk, IT'S EARLY!

All in all I had a wopping day of 6.5 miles in 57 minutes. Next went do D2 breakfast, and fell asleep for thirty minutes with my head next to my plate of pancakes. So I learned my lesson, train your body to be awake for the time you are racing. We'll see how it goes on Saturday.

Totals on the day -
Miles- 6.5
Time - 57 minutes
Shoutout - The only other person at the gym at 7 AM, whoever you are.
Lesson - Wake up before you run.

No comments:

Post a Comment