Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'll take that!

So as soon as I vouch to stop running on the treadmill so much, guess where I end up today? On the treadmill, ohhhh you know just for a quick little jog. It was one of those days that I woke up and felt like I had to run very far which is great because those are the days that you go running and your 12 miles in and you feel like its been 10 minutes.

The first hour all I listened to was my newly discovered song claiming Billboards Number 95 in the year 1996. Back for Good by Take That. Next hour, listened to the Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love on repeat. So 2 hours in and at 14.7 miles I was feeling great and kept going without any breaks until 20.7 miles with a time of 2 hours and 37 minutes. Well the last few miles were the roughest and I decided to stop at 25 on the day.

As nervous as I'm getting for the upcoming Seashore Nature Trail 50k, today reinforced some confidence that I can meet my goal of having a sub 4 hour finish.

Totals on the day -
Miles = 25
Time = 3 hours 27 minutes
Song - Take That - Back for Good
Shoutout - The girl who helped Alex and I out by getting us some water when we ran out, she saved us!

1 comment:

  1. you stopped approx. 1.2 miles short of running a marathon for "training" purposes...

    you're ridic!

    --kim

    ReplyDelete